[Mimedefang] ClamAV complement

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:37:23 EDT 2005

On 09/09/05, Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com <Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to run a second antivirus engine on my
>
> sendmail
> MIMEDefang
> ClamAV
> SpamAssassin
>
> boxen.  I'm disillusioned with File::Scan (not that I was ever greatly illusioned with it in the first place.)  What are you using?  Can you recommend anything?
>
> REQUIRED: Must detect viruses with reasonable response rate for virus definitions
> OPTIONAL: Free is good

BitDefender and F-Prot both have (from memory) free versions for
non-commercial use.

There is somewhere (sorry, I don't remember where) a site that
provides details on speed of signature update.  You may find that
useful, though from memory what I took away from it was that amongst
the top dozen or so scanners, some are faster sometimes, some other
times.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor