[Mimedefang] Mimedefang, spamassassin upgrade question

Larry Starr larrys at fullcompass.com
Fri Sep 9 14:25:22 EDT 2005

I am currently running Mimedefang Version: 2.37
and spamassassin Version: 2.60.

I want to upgrade to the latest version of Mimedefang, and to the latest (or
nearly latest) version of Spamassassin (primarily to take advantage of the
SURBL functionality).

The catch is that I would like, very much, to not have to update the entire
world at one time, to minimize disruption of my mail server.

I know that the newer versions of spamassassin require a newer version of
Mimedefang,  but what I'm not sure of is:

"Will the latest version of Mimedefang, work with my current version of
Spamassassin?"

If the answer to this question is "yes" it will make my live quite a bit
easier, since I already know that I have to to some re-work to my Mimedefang
filter ( due to code that is currently in filter-relay, and will not work
correctly in the newer versions).

Thank you,
Larry G. Starr - larrys at fullcompass.com or starrl at globaldialog.com
Software Engineer: Full Compass Systems LTD.
Phone: 608-831-7330 x 1347  FAX: 608-831-6330