[Mimedefang] OT: Email web form exploits

John john at jjgb.com
Tue Sep 6 00:41:14 EDT 2005

I am a System Administrator in Billings, MT.  I am having the same issue,
however I do not feel this is to be taken lightly.  Mine started with IP's
in Egypt & Iran.  I have attempted to contact the FBI & Dept. of Homeland
Security.  Also have alerted AOL's Fraud Dept. as that's where the test
emails were sent originally while testing.

I attempted Federal contact Saturday when I realized what was
transpiring.  Unfortunately, they are an 8-5 system unless someone's life
is at stake.

This has been a continuous, saturated attack, not at all like a simple
spammer or script kiddy.  Think about what would happen if a subversive
group like, and including, Bin Laden's boys found open mail forms that
could be used to send coded messages in plain text with impunity and being
relatively anonymous.

I want some answers from the Feds on this issue and I can assure you I will
be on the phone at 8:00 in the morning...

At 08:21 PM 9/5/2005, you wrote:
>This is somewhat off-topic but does relate to spam/email as these Email web
>form exploits seem to be yet another method that spammers have found to junk
>up inboxes...
<snip>

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous