[Mimedefang] exiting the filter before any processing

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Mon Sep 5 07:53:08 EDT 2005

Rolf wrote:
> hello
>
> I've tried so many combinations and none work.  Feeling a bit silly.
>
> Where can I put in mimedefang-filter a statement so that the filter
> exits before any processing happens based on $RelayAddr ??
>
> I've tried a simple: return if ($RelayAddr eq "ip address");  in various
> parts of the filter but none make any difference. Do I need such a
> statement in each of the subroutines?
>
> What am I missing and/or misunderstanding?

Rolf,

  I think you want to put something like this in filter_relay:

if ($RelayAddr eq 'ip address') {
	return('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING', 'ok');
}

and you'll also need to make sure you're calling mimedefang with relay
checking turned on.

You should check the man pages for how to do this specifically as I
don't remember off the top of my head.

HTH

alan