[Mimedefang] Checking origin of sender

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Sat Sep 3 15:43:34 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:36:40 -0500 (CDT), Ian Mitchell wrote

> No email from my domain either in the plain text name portion or the
> actual sender email address should orgininate outside my domain's SPF
> record. Any suggestions for hunting and destroying these emails?
>
> Thank you,
> Ian Mitchell

If you know where all of your own email should originate then it is fairly
trivial to catch this, I do it in filter_recipient so I can do some other
checks on recipient as well but you could do it in filter_sender just as
easily. Just check the relay_IP if the message claims to originate from you or
your customers.  I also check for authentication as well to allow for
customers that are outside my controlled IP space to still be able to use our
server (In fact they cannot use it at all unless they auth when outside our
network).

There are examples that are fairly close to what you want with a minimum of
tweaking on the wiki as well as in the man page for mimedefang-filter.

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client