[Mimedefang] Sendmail filter problems

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Fri Oct 21 12:56:37 EDT 2005

WBrown wrote:
> Ross McKerchar wrote on 10/21/2005
> 06:45:31 AM:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am having problems adding the Mimedefang filter to sendmail.
>>
>> When inserting the line: "INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
>> `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T,
>> T=S:1m;R:1m;E:5m')" into sendmail.mc I get the following error
>> during sendmail startup:
>>
>> "554 5.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 41: unknown configuration on
>> line"
>
> Do you have the line "define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `mimedefang')"
> as well?
>
> See http://sendmail.org/m4/adding_mailfilters.html

Shouldn't need that... INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() will define confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS by itself.

On the other hand, if there's a define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS') line in his sendmail.mc that doesn't include mimedefang, that will result in mimedefang not being called.

The "unknown configuration" smacks of a syntax error in the sendmail.mc file...

Ross, can you post your sendmail.mc in its entirety?

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer