[Mimedefang] special header on outbound mail

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Oct 21 10:21:12 EDT 2005

On Mar 11,  4:08pm, Manuel Capellari wrote:
}
} i'm quite new to mimedefang, so please excuse my dumb question, i'm
} trying to ad a special X-Header on outbound mail (and only in outbound)
}
} i created something like that in filter_begin:
}
} 	if ($RelayAddress =~ /^192\.168\./)
} 		{ action_add_header ("X-OUTBOUND", "TRUE")
}
} this adds the header in outbound mail, but it also adds the header in
} inbound mail, what am i missing?
}
} i'm using fetchmail to query pop boxes from my ISP, is it possible that
} this is the cause?

     Most likely.  If you have fetchmail injecting mail into sendmail
for delivery, it would be running on the localhost or another host on
your internal network, so sendmail/MIMEDefang will see the inbound mail
as coming from that machine, not ISP's machine.

}-- End of excerpt from Manuel Capellari