[Mimedefang] Sendmail filter problems

Ross McKerchar it at nospam.crummock.com
Fri Oct 21 06:45:31 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I am having problems adding the Mimedefang filter to sendmail.

When inserting the line: "INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:1m;R:1m;E:5m')"
into sendmail.mc I get the following error during sendmail startup:

"554 5.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 41: unknown configuration on line"

Interestly, line 41 is whitespace in sendmail.cf (and a comment in
sendmail.mc).

As far as I can see, sendmail is compiled with milter support
(apparently included in my distribution) - "sendmail -d0.1" shows MILTER
in the compiled with list. /usr/lib/libmilter.a also exists.

MIMEDefang appears to be running fine.

I am running:
White Box Enterprise Linux 4, kernel 2.6.9-5
MIMEDefang 2.53
Sendmail 8.13.1

I'm struggling to diagnose this: everyone else with a similar problem
simply hasn't compiled sendmail with milter support.

Any suggestions?

regards,

Ross