[Mimedefang] AD: Roaring Penguin press release on Locked Addresses

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Oct 18 13:01:18 EDT 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
> Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
>> ... for example, could I
>> subscribe to a mailing list with the unique address and expect that
>> "unique sender" algorithm will be able to uniquely identify list
>> mail?
>
> It depends on the mailing list software.  I know it works fine with
> mailman.  It will fail for mailing list software that changes the
> envelope sender with each posting, in which case the best you can do
> is lock to the domain instead of the complete sender address.

OK, so for this list the email address would be locked to sender:
	mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com

But for the SpamAssassin list (for example), the senders are all different:
	All the below are @spamassassin.apache.org:
	users-return-33376-Matthew.van.Eerde=hbinc.com
	users-return-33377-Matthew.van.Eerde=hbinc.com
	users-return-33378-Matthew.van.Eerde=hbinc.com

So the best I could do is lock to @spamassassin.apache.org

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer