[Mimedefang] AD: Roaring Penguin press release on Locked Addresses

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Oct 18 12:46:07 EDT 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:
> Basically, CanIt-PRO lets you create a random-looking address (in our
> case, it might create something like
> 6FEzg2cH8k at la.roaringpenguin.com).
>
> Internally, this address is associated with your real e-mail address.
> The very *first* time someone sends e-mail to that address, CanIt-PRO
> "locks" the address and forwards the mail to your real address.  From
> now on, only that same sender can send e-mail to the address; everyone
> else gets a "User Unknown" error.

What exactly is used for the "Sender"... for example, could I subscribe to a mailing list with the unique address and expect that "unique sender" algorithm will be able to uniquely identify list mail?

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer