[Mimedefang] [Admin] Auto-reply policy

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Oct 12 15:38:49 EDT 2005

Hi, there.

With the holiday season approaching, I know that the Broken Auto-Responder
Problem will soon be upon us.  I'm going to take a fairly hard line on this:

1) If your auto-responder responds to
   "mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com" more than twice, you will
   be unsubscribed.

2) If your auto-responder responds to
   "mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com" even once, you will be unsubscribed.

3) If your auto-responder responds to the original poster of a posting
   on this list, and I find out about it, you will be unsubscribed.

So a plea to everyone: Before you turn on out-of-office replies,
please make sure your auto-responder is not broken.  If you think it
might be broken, please visit
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/mailman/listinfo/mimedefang and turn
off MIMEDefang mail delivery while you're away.

Regards,

David "Grumpy Old Guy" Skoll, who is about to unsubscribe a guilty party...