[Mimedefang] ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING leaves behind working files in /var/spool/MIMEdefang

Ken Menzel kenm at icarz.com
Thu Nov 17 12:24:37 EST 2005

I am trying to implement a recipient filter.  It seems to mostly work
as intended except when I use ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING as the
return option mimedefang slowly fills /var/spool/MIMEdefang directory
with left over COMMAND and HEADER files in the working directories.
Eventually the system runs out of inodes and stop accpeting mail.  It
does however deliver the mail. If I use DISCARD I donn't have any left
over files, but my messages are discarded.  I wanted to recieve them
but not defang, spam check or virus check,  just pass them on,  they
are debug messages with large attachments going to a logging program.
My CPU load drops greatly by not checking those.  What am I doing
wrong with ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING that leaves the spool file
behind?

mimedefang-2.54             =  up-to-date with port

Here is my filter:
sub filter_recipient ($$$$$$$$$) {
my ($recip, $sender, $ip, $hostname, $first, $helo,
                   $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;

#md_syslog('warning', "checking $recip");
if ($recip eq '<dominopilot at icarz.com>') {
    md_syslog('warning', "skip $recip");
    #return("ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING", "ok");
    return("DISCARD", "ok");
}

if ($sender eq '<nogood at baddomain.net>') {
    return("REJECT", "I don't care for you.");
    }
return ("CONTINUE", "ok");
}

Ken Menzel  ICQ# 9325188
www.icarz.com  kenm at icarz.com
/earth is 98% full ... please delete anyone you can.