[Mimedefang] 0-byte attachments

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Mon Nov 28 09:56:26 EST 2005

Stewart wrote:

> So right now my panic subsides, just slightly, but i'd like to know  why
> mimedefang might be passing on messages without their attachments  and
> not warning the users inline, or me via syslog, that there's some  sort
> of problem ... that wouldn't be an approved behaviour i'm sure! :-/

Depending on configured milter log level (can be controlled separately
in sendmail config, by default same as general log level), you should
see in sendmail's log files whenever message body was altered by a
filter (in this case MIMEDefang).  I think log level of 9 should log it
(either general, or raised for milter only).