[Mimedefang] Enabling an antivirus in a mimedefang rpm installation

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Nov 25 17:04:44 EST 2005

--On Friday, November 25, 2005 4:32 PM -0500 Kris Deugau
<kdeugau at vianet.ca> wrote:

> In the case of a third-party .rpm, probably.  Most packages are built in
> such a way that the configure script doesn't pick up quite a few things
> - antivirus programs among them.

Even if you build the RPM yourself from the tarball ("rpmbuild -ta
mimedefang.tar.gz"), you need to enable it in the filter. The package
disables a lot of things to avoid dependencies, so that you don't have to
install every conceivable 3rd party package to get MD's RPM to install.

My filter not only enables clamd but also specifies the socket location,
because different Clam RPM's put the socket in different places. (I'm using
the one from Fedora Extras.)

$Features{'Virus:CLAMD'} = 1;
$ClamdSock  = "/var/run/clamd.mimedefang/clamd.sock";