[Mimedefang] Discard by $Subject

Michael Lang Michael.Lang at chester.at
Thu Nov 24 04:15:39 EST 2005

Quoting ms at interspace.net:

> Hello List,

Hello Meni,

> I have this iritating email keep getting through no matter how many
> times i put
> it through the sa-learn!!!
>
> My config is:
> Debian Sarge 3.1a with Sendmail 8.13 + mimedefang 2.51 (i know i should
> upgrade..but still) + sa 3.0.3 + clamd 0.87
>
> So know i want to build a mimedefang rule to block this SPAM by its Subject,
> which never changes.
> Can any one offer a code?? (my perlish is a bit lame...;-) )
> B.T.W. : you may have seen/recieved that spam...subject is:
> The Ultimate Online Pharmaceutical

should be as simple as editing your 'mimedefang-filter' function called
'filter_begin'

sub filter_begin() {

   # this will bounce it on SMTP Protocol if it matches exactly the line
   # you submitted above    action_bounce('put in your SMTP Message
here', 554, '5.7.1') if      ($Subject =~
/^The\sUltimate\sOnline\sPharmaceutical$/i);

> Thanks a 100000000000000000000

no prob,
Greetz mIke

> Meni

Michael Lang
Suessenbrunnerstrasse 64/9/13, 1220 Wien, Austria
http://www.chester.at