[Mimedefang] upgrade mimedefang to 2.54 failed with error

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Nov 24 06:28:06 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, ms at interspace.net wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I tried to upgrade mimedefang to 2.54.
> while running ./configure i got the following error message:
> configure: WARNING: Oops.. I couldn't find libmilter/mfapi.h.  Please install
> Sendmail 8.12
>
> It's odd because i got sendmail 8.13.4 complied with milter support??

Do you mean that you've compiled sendmail yourself?

> can anyone suggest a fix?

> Conf:
> Debian Serge 3.1a + sendmail 8.13.4 + clamd 0.87 + SA 3.0.3 + mimedefang 2.51
>
> (is there a simple way to upgrade?? or should i got through the whole proccess
> of configure,make, make install...etc.??)

If you use the Debian packages, you need to install the milter-dev
package:

#  apt-cache search milter
amavisd-new-milter - Interface between sendmail-milter and amavisd-new
dcc-milter - Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse - sendmail milter plugin
libmail-milter-perl - Perl extension modules for mail filtering via milter
libmilter-dev - Sendmail Mail Filter API (Milter)
libmilter0 - Sendmail Mail Filter API (Milter)
libsendmail-milter-perl - Interface to Sendmail's Mail Filter API
libsendmail-pmilter-perl - A Perl implementation of the Sendmail Milter
protocol
sendmail-doc - powerful, efficient, and scalable Mail Transport Agent
spamass-milter - sendmail milter for filtering mail through spamassassin
clamav-milter - antivirus scanner for sendmail

# apt-get install libmilter-dev

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser