[Mimedefang] upgrade mimedefang to 2.54 failed with error

Alan Premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Nov 24 03:41:37 EST 2005

ms at interspace.net wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I tried to upgrade mimedefang to 2.54.
> while running ./configure i got the following error message:
> configure: WARNING: Oops.. I couldn't find libmilter/mfapi.h.  Please install
> Sendmail 8.12
>
> It's odd because i got sendmail 8.13.4 complied with milter support??
> can anyone suggest a fix?
>
> Conf:
> Debian Serge 3.1a + sendmail 8.13.4 + clamd 0.87 + SA 3.0.3 + mimedefang 2.51
>

> (is there a simple way to upgrade?? or should i got through the whole proccess
> of configure,make, make install...etc.??)
>
> Meni
Meni,

  I'm not all that familiar with Debian, but I suspect that just
installing the sendmail_configure or sendmail_source packages will allow
you to compile MIMEDefang.

It's telling you it can't find a header file needed to compile (as a
milter).  You shouldn't need to re-compile sendmail, just insall the
packages.

hope this helps,

alan