[Mimedefang] Debugging slaves that die

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Wed Nov 23 15:39:18 EST 2005

Hi All,

I am running mimedefang-2.53 under CentOS 3.6 with clamav-0.87.1 and
spamassassing-3.1.0.

I am occasionally getting the following errors in my log:
<snip>
Nov 24 09:26:14 cnwchcm16 mimedefang-multiplexor[9330]: Slave 0 died
prematurely -- check your filter rules
Nov 24 09:26:14 cnwchcm16 mimedefang-multiplexor[9330]: Reap: Idle slave 0
(pid 21967) exited due to signal 14 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)
</snip>

There doesn't appear to be any indication as to exactly what is causing this
problem.  It may be an issue with my mimedefang-filter,. but if so, I can't
really tell whereabouts the problem is occuring?
Can give me some pointers as to how I can go about finding exactly why my
slaves are dying?

Thanks
Roland