[Mimedefang] Merging MXs, but Excluding domains

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Mon Nov 21 16:26:37 EST 2005

"Ashley M. Kirchner" wrote:
>     Our second MX decided to took a dive this morning and I'm having
> to merge the domains from that one onto the first MX.  The problem
> is, what those MXs did.  MX1 has a full implementation of MD+SA while
> MX2 was used for those clients who didn't want their e-mails filtered
> through MD.  How can I merge the two MXs into one, while still
> keeping the ability to allow email for certain domains to pass right
> through (no filtering) while leaving the rest alone?  I've been
> scouring the archives, trying to find the easiest solution, but I
> thought I'd post here as well.  Maybe someone will find the correct
> solution faster than I can through the archives...

Use stream_by_domain() (check the man page for details), then skip
filter processing with ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING somewhere (for
non-filtered domains) and pass everything else through the filters.

To start with, it's probably fastest to just hardcode the list of
filtered domains.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!