[Mimedefang] Re: [Clamav-users] Once again a Newbe question

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 22:49:54 EST 2005

On 11/20/05, Darryl Baker <dpb at bl.com> wrote:
> I'm building a new system with Sendmail 8.13.5, ClamAV 0.87.1, and
> MIMEDefang 2.49. I'm tearing out what little hair I have left trying
> to get everyone to play together. First it was sock permission
> problems for the MIMEDefang socket. The it was finding the Clamd
> socket. Now MIMEDefang can't talk to Clamd on the socket. Anyone have
> a simple cheat sheet with who owns what and the mode they should be
> so everything just works as advertised and I can get on with tuning
> the rules?

The general way I have seen mimedefang+clamav has been with mimedefang
calling the clam process versus using clamd. In any case, all the
items that you are wanting to talk need to talk should run in the same
ownership mode. Normally this is the defang user.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator