[Mimedefang] Bare returns in message body

Tomasz Ostrowski tometzky at batory.org.pl
Thu Nov 17 08:40:50 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, David F. Skoll wrote:

> - There is no way to see a lone LF from milter.

Seems that it's no problem, because this should be a case also for
local mailer on unices. At least procmail saves files with bare
<LF>.

Does anybody use sendmail on MacOSX (unix to be or not unix to be) or
Windows to check it there?

> - There IS a way to see a lone CR.

So I'd propose something like:

/* after message_contains_virus() */
if ($SuspiciousCharsInBody) {
	action_rebuild();
}

But then we should recheck rebuilt message for viruses - in case the
virus program has problems with bare <cr>. I don't know how to do
this (message_contains_virus() on modified message). Of course we
don't need to recheck attachments of this message (we build it so
we're sure there won't be anything unexpected) - only the message as
a whole.

Pozdrawiam
Tometzky
--
Best of prhn - najzabawniejsze teksty polskiego UseNet-u
http://prhn.dnsalias.org/