[Mimedefang] Suggestions please ... ;)

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Nov 10 06:39:55 EST 2005

Garry Glendown wrote:
> Oh how easy life would be if customers just bought services and stopped
> complaining about missing features ... ;)
>
> OK, here we go ... after some advice from the list, I installed MD to
> add special filtering capabilities to a customer mailserver. So far so
> good ... working as originally intended. I.e., filtering mails with a
> certain maximum size, filtering with a maximum number of recipients, etc
>
> I tried to clarify the exact handling and now got the request to have
> the filters modifiable based on the recipient/sender of the mail (at the
> customer's site). So, while the default might state that only
> attachments at 2MB are permitted, user1 at customer.com is allowed to send
> or receive 5MB attachments, whereas user2 at customer.com is supposed to
> receive msgs even if the number of recipient is greater than the default
> 50.
>
> Now - how would you folks handle this? Problem is the former mailserver
> (Tobit David) had such features ...
>
> And, can MD handle this "split" logic, i.e. can I "duplicate" the mail,
> deliver it to certain recipients, whereas I quarantine it to the rest
> (in case of multiple recipients)?
Gary,

  I don't personally use the feature so I'm not going to be able to give
you much details, but it sounds like stream_by_recipient() might be what
you're looking for.  check man mimedefang-filter for more details.

you'll probably also want to look at filter_sender and or
filter_recipient to handle the recipient count logic and the file size
logic.

hope this helps

alan