[Mimedefang] Suggestions please ... ;)

Garry Glendown garry at nethinks.com
Thu Nov 10 05:18:09 EST 2005

Oh how easy life would be if customers just bought services and stopped
complaining about missing features ... ;)

OK, here we go ... after some advice from the list, I installed MD to
add special filtering capabilities to a customer mailserver. So far so
good ... working as originally intended. I.e., filtering mails with a
certain maximum size, filtering with a maximum number of recipients, etc

I tried to clarify the exact handling and now got the request to have
the filters modifiable based on the recipient/sender of the mail (at the
customer's site). So, while the default might state that only
attachments at 2MB are permitted, user1 at customer.com is allowed to send
or receive 5MB attachments, whereas user2 at customer.com is supposed to
receive msgs even if the number of recipient is greater than the default 50.

Now - how would you folks handle this? Problem is the former mailserver
(Tobit David) had such features ...

And, can MD handle this "split" logic, i.e. can I "duplicate" the mail,
deliver it to certain recipients, whereas I quarantine it to the rest
(in case of multiple recipients)?

tnx, -gg