[Mimedefang] qmail messages rejected by mimedefang server

Wayne Hahn wayne at hamilton.net
Tue Nov 8 09:13:08 EST 2005

Hello,

I have my MIMEDefang 2.43/sendmail server setup for
multiple domains to filter and forward messages to my mail
server. I have had a couple of complaints about messages
getting rejected but the user is not who the mail was sent
to. Is this a qmail problem or can I configure my filter
differently ? Here is the reject message the customer gets
the message was for ted at domainone.com but the rejection
says the messages was for bob at domaintwo.com. If someone
could shed some light on this that would be great.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the
following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't
work out.

<ted at domainone.com>:
xxx.x.xxx.14 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 bob at domaintwo.com unknown user