[Mimedefang] AD/Commercial: Question

Brett Hoffman bjh at cobaltfactor.net
Sun Nov 6 21:35:27 EST 2005

$1500-$2000/year
> > would be more in line with what we'd pay.
>
> What about $50/download?  We update the data 2-3 times a week, but if
you
> find that it doesn't get stale quickly, you could just download it
once
> a month, or even only every three months.
>
> Just trying to figure out if it's worth doing...
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

David,

When it comes to business it comes down to cost justification.

While figuring for the costs for my organization it is worth about
$20.00 per month for us (basing my figures on how many messages get
through). With that in mind, it would have to be 100% effective in
stopping the messages that get through, if it doesn't then cost
justification goes even lower.

For us it would have to catch the messages that our bayes, Spam
Assassin, and Razor isn't catching to become cost effective. If it
catches the same messages that those are catching then it holds no
value.

Of course, the larger the organization, such as a large University or
large corporation, it might carry more value.

Just my two cents.

Thanks,
Brett