[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Nov 3 13:55:54 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com>
> Hmm... it might be useful to include the particular offending IP in the
$reason:

Thanks, I've been working on making the returns more and more informative.
And I originally thought about making this change but had decided not to
because the design is to loop through all the MX records and it only fails
on private IPs if ALL of them are private IPs.  However, I can see where the
information is useful so I've changed the wording to reflect that it's an a
member of the set of failures.

I've moved to a new script now (essentially v3) as
http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/MIMEDefang/contrib/check_mx_stub.pl
which reflects that this really isn't just a primary mx check any longer.

I've also included the ability to run the default tests I included or to
give it email address on the command line such as:

./check_mx_stub.pl Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
kevin.mcgrail at thoughtworthy.com

Regards,
KAM