[Mimedefang] FTC asks ISPs to crack down on zombie PCs

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu May 26 14:57:51 EDT 2005

WBrown wrote:
>> Why would an ISP shutdown port 25 inbound?
>
> To kill mail servers sitting inside their network (in violation of the
> TOS).  Adelphia did this to me.  I didn't mind so much blocking
> inbound port 80, but 25 rally honked me off!

You mean, it didn't bother you when they shut down the web server that you put up in violation of their terms of service... but it did bother you when they shut down the mail server that you put up in violation of their terms of service?

o_O

Or am I misunderstanding?

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer