[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang Digest, Vol 20, Issue 43

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Thu May 26 13:52:08 EDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 14:26:51 -0500 (CDT), Ian Mitchell wrote
> But I for one wouldn't like to be
> the level 1 tech who has to manage that ACL.

It is done via our billing/provisioning system, simply a check box and ip
assignment drop down list, easy. Ultimately the provisioning creates a hash
file that is checked for changes nightly and if changed updates the routers
ACL at 0-dark 30 and notifies netops of the changes. I am a big believer in
automation when it comes to this type of system, to avoid spending time
maintaining systems instead of improving them.

Jim
--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client