[Mimedefang] Bounce spam with hit counts between 5-10...

Jamie Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Wed May 25 16:21:04 EDT 2005

Rob MacGregor wrote:

> Right, so, you're happy that the return address is almost never the
> spammer's address - that some poor innocent sod is going to be getting
> these boince to them?

Well, gee... let's think about this... ummm... /Of course not/??!!

Not that i should have to explain this more, but in my testing so far,
only around 3-5%% of spam (this is about 1 or two hundred a day for this
particular site) is getting tagged at under 11.  It's the classic spam
dillemma - the site wants /all/ their email, but /no spam/, and /nothing
lost/... Go figure.  Again, this is just temporary, until the filter is
tuned closer to what is needed... obviously, I /don't/ want to flood the
net with worthless bounces... Trust me, i'm not an idiot. (I just stink
at Perl!)...  I just need this for a few days to finish up filter tuning...

thanks again

jamie