[Mimedefang] FTC asks ISPs to crack down on zombie PCs

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed May 25 15:21:40 EDT 2005

Ian Mitchell wrote:

> I have two broadband options. Cable and satellite. And it's a matter of
> picking your poisons at that point. I looked up dialup and no, I just
> could not drag myself to suffering with a 56K connection. Not to mention,
> it's damn hard to find Linux modems now-a-days.

I have a USR Courier V.everything modem I could sell ya.. (grin)
Heck, if THAT doesn't work. hahaha.. I hear ya there though. Everyhing in
WinModem these days.

> Definately in violation of RFC2821. But then again, I haven't seen much
> impact on that. Honestly though, I doubt the ISP would be so willing to
> release their rDNS record to me anyway ;)

Well, in a sense they can't since they own the block - but sheesh, IT'S SO EASY
TO CHANGE A PTR RECORD even a ... well, ok, monkey's can't do it I guess... so
much for having 50,000 of them.

<groan>

  -Ben