[Mimedefang] spam now a registered trademark for downloadablesoftware by Hormel

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed May 25 13:17:54 EDT 2005

Kelson wrote:
> Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>>> Where did DECnet pick up the term?
>> From Monty Python's Spamalot/SpamSPAMspamSpam & Eggs.
>
> ...which brings us back to "spam" having its origins in negative
> commentary on "SPAM."
>
> Or at least negative commentary on an *excess* of SPAM.

Negative?  pshaw.

Customer: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss.  I'll have your spam.  I love it.  I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Waitress: Baked beans are off.

( From http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/spam.html )

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer