[Mimedefang] logwatch for milters

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Wed May 25 13:14:41 EDT 2005

graghdefang can trend most of the items logged if that is what you are after,
it is esily extended to custom log entries as well.

If you are asking about thinks like avg filter time in a time period, avg
messages per min, 5 min, etc, no tagged as spam, virus, bad char, quarantened,
etc, well, those can easily be pulled out via any combination of grep, cut,
awk etc.

I only use logwatch for IDS related issues, no real need to modify it for
mimedefang in my scenario.

I use a customized SMNP to look at and trend most of this that I "someday"
will get time to generalize enough that I can submit it to the list using the
SNMP space Roaring Penguin obtained (and not the redhat space I am hijacking atm).

Jim

On Wed, 25 May 2005 09:25:21 -0700, Matthew.van.Eerde wrote

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client