[Mimedefang] FTC asks ISPs to crack down on zombie PCs

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed May 25 10:33:44 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 05/25/2005 09:51:18
AM:

> And third, one could use the argument that we should use hosting
services.

I use a hosting company for my personal domain and they don't support MSA,
so I'm stuck configuring Thunderbird to use SMTP to send outbound mail. My
employer acts as an ISP to school districts and we have been implementing
outbout SMTP filtering for about a month now, after I've nagged them for a
year or more.  If they implement it on our building subnet, I'll be down
there asking for my static IP to be opened.