[Mimedefang] spam now a registered trademark for downloadable software by Hormel

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Wed May 25 09:19:23 EDT 2005

Well, kindof,

Spam in the network sense from DECnet simply meant: "send data out to as many
nodes as fast as you can" and I assumed this is where the reference to UCE as
spam came from.

Now, considering the "ham" context, then yes, I can see how that reference
would be made and I would construe that the same way. But I think the term ham
came into use in this context much later than Spam/spam. As an ISP we labled
junk email as spam in late 1995, early 1996 timeframe or so, I know we have
blacklists from then.

Jim

On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:24:01 -0500, Charles Mount wrote

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client