[Mimedefang] Sober virus highlights problem

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu May 19 10:41:55 EDT 2005

Jonathan Maliepaard wrote:

> Also people use a
> lot of foul language and sexual references, they get nabbed every time.

Keyword filters? Your company uses keyword filters?

So are Breast, penis and vagina considered sexual references? I just thought
they were anatomical terms for various body parts. Just like tibula, nipple or
thumb might be. (although I'm sure in doctor-ese there's much fancier terms...
but these are they ones they tought me in grade school.)

And isn't ass a common reference for a donkey? Or maybe it was mule. I forget. I
know bitch is commonly used to refer to dogs.. really.

I might also mention that sodomy is illegal in some states. Personally, I don't
think the government should be telling people how they should persue their
various avenues of sexual intercourse. Isn't it their personal business?

See why keyword filters are bad? I wonder how many people bounced that email.

We're all adults here - so I apologize if I offended anyone by the content of
this email. I'm just trying to prove a point. Which a recent example that serves
well is:

Matrix, Revolutions on the topic of the concept of "love":

Neo: I just have never....
Rama-Kandra: ...heard a program speak of love?
Neo: It's a... human emotion.
Rama-Kandra: No, it is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies.