[Mimedefang] Sober virus highlights problem

Paul Murphy pmurphy at ionixpharma.com
Thu May 19 10:15:28 EDT 2005

Jonathan,

See http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CustomRulesets - the chickenpox rules
are reported to be seriously broken for non-English mail, since they treated
extended characters as non-alpha.  I would expect this to show up most in HTML
e-mail, where e.g. naïve would show as "naïve", which would trigger the
chickenpox rules.

Basically, be very careful using the Chickenpox rule set - if you're messages
are all English, then they're fine.

Best Wishes,

Paul.
Paul Murphy
Head of Informatics
Ionix Pharmaceuticals Ltd
418 Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0PA

Tel. 01223 433741
Fax. 01223 433788

DISCLAIMER:
are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender or the Ionix IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 1223 433741