[Mimedefang] Incorrect required_hits setting

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Sat May 14 09:29:08 EDT 2005

Richard J. Kieran wrote:
> Thanks for the thoughts.
> The required_hits setting is in sa-mimedefang.cf only. SpamAssassin figures it out and MIMEDefang doesn't. hmmm...
> I restarted MIMEDefang every time I made a change to the setting. No change.
> The same .cf files work on the old server.
> Definitely weird. I suppose I could bump up all my scores by 25%.

Richard,

   Older versions of MIMEDefang looked for sa-mimedefang.cf in
/etc/mail/spamassassin.  2.51 looks for it in /etc/mail.

probably what is happening is that you don't have a
/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf file and thus it's using default values.

I've put a symlink in /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf ->
/etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf and that solved this issue for me.

of course all of this is covered in the changlogs

HTH

alan