[Mimedefang] SMTP

Paul Murphy pmurphy at ionixpharma.com
Mon May 9 17:57:39 EDT 2005

Chris,

Your mail is coming from "tridentgarages.co.uk", which has three MX records in
DNS.

The highest priority MX record is for "mail.tridentgarages.co.uk", but this has
no A record.

As a result, I suspect that the Barclays system is deciding that your domain
doesn't resolve, and refusing the mail with the 4xx temporary error in the hope
that it is a communication issue with your DNS server.

You need to fix your DNS entry to have an A record for your mail server.

Best Wishes,

Paul.
Paul Murphy
Head of Informatics
Ionix Pharmaceuticals Ltd
418 Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0PA

Tel. 01223 433741
Fax. 01223 433788

File::Scan                    : yes
HTML::Parser                  : yes
HTML::TokeParser              : yes
HTMLCleaner                   : yes
Path:CONFDIR                  : yes (/etc)
Path:QUARANTINEDIR            : yes (/var/spool/MIMEDefang)
Path:SENDMAIL                 : yes (/usr/sbin/sendmail)
Path:SPOOLDIR                 : yes (/var/spool/MIMEDefang)
SpamAssassin                  : yes
Virus:CLAMAV                  : yes (/usr/bin/clamscan)
Virus:CLAMD                   : yes (/usr/sbin/clamd)
Virus:FileScan                : yes
Unix::Syslog                  : no
IO::Socket                    : Version 1.27
MIME::Tools                   : Version 5.411
MIME::Words                   : Version 5.404
Digest::SHA1                  : Version 2.01
Mail::SpamAssassin            : Version 2.55
Anomy::HTMLCleaner            : Version 1.21
File::Scan                    : Version 1.43
HTML::Parser                  : Version 3.26
HTML::TokeParser              : Version 2.24
Unix::Syslog                  : Version 0.100

Any pointers gratefully received!

Many thanks!

Chris Roberts

DISCLAIMER:
are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender or the Ionix IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 1223 433741