[Mimedefang] SMTP

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Mon May 9 16:11:47 EDT 2005

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 05/09/2005 03:14:22
PM:

> > Have you tried sending an email to them by hand?
>
> Okay, so here's where I reveal my ignorance! How would I do that? Just a
> pointer would be helpful - do you just mean in sendmail, or is there a
> way to send SMTP commands manually?

telnet to their server on port 25 and manually type each SMTP command.  Or
do like I do, create a text file and enter each command on a new line, as
well as the headers and body after the DATA command.  Include the period
on a line by itself to flag the end of the data.  Then copy and paste this
text into a telnet session.  Cool.

> I have replicated the error by sending plain text mails myself.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, any other thoughts?

Try to get the tech staff at the bank to look at their logs and figure out
why they are blocking you.  If that fails, have your financial person call
their contact at the bank and complain that he/she cannot send vital
emails to them.