[Mimedefang] SMTP

Christopher Roberts cjr at tridentgarages.co.uk
Mon May 9 15:14:22 EDT 2005

Thanks for the very quick response!

> Have you tried sending an email to them by hand?

Okay, so here's where I reveal my ignorance! How would I do that? Just a
pointer would be helpful - do you just mean in sendmail, or is there a
way to send SMTP commands manually?

> Looks to me like their
> server is the one generating the 421 4.0.0 error.

Well that was my feeling, but I didn't have the confidence to say so!

> Have you checked your server to make sure it didn't end up on
> any RBLs or similar?

I hadn't, but I have now and we're all clear!

>  What if the user tries sending the email as plain
> text? Plain text usually triggers filters less often.

I have replicated the error by sending plain text mails myself.

Thanks for the feedback, any other thoughts?

Chris.