[Mimedefang] Re: Validate users before scanning?

Tina Marie tina at tripacerdriver.com
Wed May 4 17:12:32 EDT 2005

In article <slrnd7i5sb.474.tina at tripacerdriver.com>, Tina Marie wrote:
> Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Hm.

It's getting called a lot.  An awful lot.  This is what I have:

sub filter_recipient {

    my($recip, $sender, $ip, $host, $first, $helo, $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;
    open(LOG, ">> /var/log/testStats");

    &ReadDomainFile();

    my $domain = &GetDomain($recip);
    if (defined( $localDomains{$domain}))
    {
        ($ret1, $ret2) = md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip, "127.0.0.1", "127.0.0.1");
        printf LOG "%-10s %-25s %-15s %-10s %-10s\n", ('chkRecip', $recip, $domain, $ret1, $ret2);
    }
    else
    {
        printf LOG "%-10s %-25s %-15s\n", ('notMine', $recip, $domain );
    }

    close(LOG);
    return ("CONTINUE", "OK");
}

And this is what I'm seeing for every single inbound mail:

chkRecip   <tina at tripacerdriver.com> tripacerdriver.com TEMPFAIL   Please try again later
chkRecip   <tina at tripacerdriver.com> tripacerdriver.com CONTINUE   <tina at tripacerdriver.com>... Recipient ok
[...]

Outbound mails are only calling it once.

Is this normal (googling reveals people complaining about a lot
of traffic to their LDAP server, so maybe it is...)?  Is 10 calls
to md_check_against_smtp_server less expensive then one call to clamAV?
And why is it always tempfailing the first time?  My server's not
that busy...

There's nothing significantly secure about my filter, so I
stuck a link on my webserver in case someone wants to look
at the whole thing: http://www.tripacerdriver.com/mimedefang-filter

Thanks. :)

Tina Marie
--
http://www.tripacerdriver.com               "...One of the main causes
of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way