[Mimedefang] Installing on FreeBSD

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.com
Tue May 3 18:39:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm getting a lot closer now than I was! I reinstalled perl using what I
found in ports, then I went to /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang and did a make
(that worked) it installed all of the perl modules needed by mimedefang. A
make install in /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang fails though like this:

===>   Generating temporary packing list
[: based: unexpected operator
-e: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mimedefang.

I  can see the perl modules (including spamassassin) when I do a pkg_info -a
now. But mimedefang isn't in there (probably because the make install
failed). I do have /var/spool/MIMEDefang and /var/spool/MD-Quarantine and
/usr/local/etc/mimedefang/mimedefang-filter so mimedefang is at least
partially installed. I doubt it's installed enough to be actually working
though since the make install failed and it does not show up in pkg_info -a.

Any ideas on how to fix the make install for mimedefang?

Thanks,

Lisa