[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang Digest, Vol 20, Issue 47

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Thu May 26 13:45:00 EDT 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005 11:09:52 -0500 (CDT), Ian Mitchell wrote

> Cool, just let me know when you can get to residential addresses in
> the ST Louis area who are 33,000+ feet from the CO or any DSL compatible
> intermediary. ;)

Who is the ILEC? if its a well populated area it would only take a DSLAM in
your "hut" or phonebox or what not out on the street to service up to 33,000
line feet or so from it (plants fed from it). DSL can be extended beyond
33,000 line feet easily, but it requires digital connections in the
huts/phoneboxes out on the street back to the CO (thats what the DSLAM does).
DSL here is available pretty much county wide, there are 26 DSLAMs (last I
counted) in our county and 2 COs.

Until the ILEC is interested or allows an interested CLEC space in a hut or
box out on the street, you are SOL though so I would start calling your ILEC
to ask "when" and not "if" :-)

Jim

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client