[Mimedefang] Incorrect required_hits setting

Matthew Ward mwardg at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:25:08 EDT 2005

On 5/13/05, Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com <Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com> wrote:
> Richard Kieran wrote:
> > I have found that the required_hits setting is being ignored.
> > I have it set to 4, but the default of 5 is being used instead.
> > If I run SpamAssassin in test mode and hand-feed it an email,
> > it uses the correct setting (4). But when called by MD in the
> > normal way, 5 is used.
>
> Two thoughts:
> 1) MIMEDefang uses sa-mimedefang.cf, SpamAssassin uses local.cf
> 2) MIMEDefang needs to be reloaded to re-read the configuration change... unless you're very patient, in which case the slaves will naturally die and the newly born slaves will recognize the configuration change

ok.  (probably dumb) question:  where in the documentation can i find
a discussion of Things That Belong in sa-mimedefang.cf - as opposed to
Things That Belong in local.cf ?  or perhaps Things That DON'T Belong
in either?

--
"One will not have needed the future perfect in one's entire life." -
William Safire