[Mimedefang] Validate users before scanning?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed May 4 12:50:58 EDT 2005

Tina Marie wrote:
> Is there a way to check, from MimeDefang, that, yes, this
> address is deliverable, before I try to scan it?

Yes - filter_recipient

See examples on the wiki:
http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?RelayCheckAddresses

It is a Good Idea (tm) to reject invalid addresses at RCPT-time anyway, regardless of malware/spam concerns.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"