[Mimedefang] Stripping Selected Headers

Dirk the Daring dirk at psicorps.org
Tue May 31 11:12:21 EDT 2005

   Hello, I would like to get some help on a specific task in MD. I've
searched the mailing list archives, and I've not found what I want to do
in there.

   I'm running MIMEDefang v2.51 in a sendmail v8.13.4 environment on
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server v9 (SLES 9) platform.  I think I
have MIMEDefang working properly, and now I want to use it to do
something (that seems) fairly simple. Currently, the filter that was
included with MD is what's running.

   When an E-Mail arrives, I want to strip any header that starts out

   For example:

		[127.0.0.1]) by www.roaringpenguin.com (8.13.4/8.13.1)
		with ESMTP id j4UG03kE012592;

   I'd like to completely eliminate any such headers in the E-Mail that
this system receives.

   After that, I want to add a header:

   I don't need to futz with the E-Mail any more. At this point, I want
to do this stripping universally (for all E-Mail the server handles,
regardless of origin - later I'll want to getting into doing it on a
case-by-case basis).

   Any assistance would be appreciated.

Dirk