[Mimedefang] Moving AWL and Bayes DBs

Paul Murphy pmurphy at ionixpharma.com
Thu May 26 07:46:29 EDT 2005

Richard,

See http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DbDumpAndLoad for details of how to
upgrade database versions, which will also work on migrated copies of the files.

For a site-wide setup of MIMEDefang, the most likely place for your active
databases is ~defang/.spamassassin - mine are:

total 11604
drwx------    2 defang   defang       4096 May 26 11:42 .
drwxr-xr-x   12 defang   defang       4096 May  5 14:39 ..
-rw-------    1 defang   defang    1314816 May 26 12:28 auto-whitelist
-rw-------    1 defang   defang          6 May 26 12:28 auto-whitelist.mutex
-rw-------    1 defang   defang       1200 May 26 12:23 bayes.mutex
-rw-------    1 defang   defang      52776 May 26 12:28 bayes_journal
-rw-------    1 defang   defang    5566464 May 26 12:23 bayes_seen
-rw-------    1 defang   defang    5435392 May 26 12:23 bayes_toks

I learn to the journal, and then have it synced to the database hourly.

For high-volume sites which have a large number of slaves running, the SQL
option also looks like a good idea - there's a README file in the "sql"
directory of the source which has details on how to upgrade.  This also shows
the use of "sa-learn --backup" and "sa-learn --restore" to dump to a text file
and rebuild, which might be useful.

Best Wishes,

Paul.
Paul Murphy
Head of Informatics
Ionix Pharmaceuticals Ltd
418 Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0PA

Tel. 01223 433741
Fax. 01223 433788

DISCLAIMER:
are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender or the Ionix IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 1223 433741