[Mimedefang] Bounce spam with hit counts between 5-10...

Fernando Gleiser fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar
Wed May 25 17:02:27 EDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

> action_bounce actually rejects email, so bounce email (if any) is
> generated by the SENDING MTA.  If the email is really spam, this is
> probably the spambot.  Spambots typically won't bother sending bounce
> emails.

Last january, some bastard sent spam and used my address as the RCPT FROM
I got more than 300 bounces in 12 hours, ranging all the way from the
"user unknown" to the "don't send me spam" bounces.

No Sir, I didn't like it. And don't get me started about those
"you sent me a virus" bounces that some brain-dead antivirus send.

 			Fer