[Mimedefang] 4.7.1 sendmail error

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Fri May 20 19:39:00 EDT 2005

Greg Schlut wrote:

> Still bringing back that error.  Spamassassin was not scanning the files
> and I did increase the delay.  Any other ideas?  I may try upgrading
> mimedefang this weekend, and see if that solves it, but it really does
> look like a timeout issue.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> --Greg

Greg,

  are you using embedded Perl?  do you still get the error if you run
without embedded Perl?

I've seen situations where while running in embedded Perl mode, the
filter would time out trying to scan with SA, but in non-embedded Perl
mode it would either work or fail with an error message. (it's been
awhile, i don't remember the specifics off the top of my head)

I've also experienced odd time outs when I experienced hard disk
problems on my MySQL server in which the disk would go into an endless
loop while doing a seek and not time out or return an error. This
wreaked all sorts of havoc on my mail server.

anyways, just some things to try in order to narrow down the cause of
the problem.

hope this helps.

alan