[Mimedefang] [off topic] McAfee AV scanner

Jonathan Maliepaard jon at enetworks.co.za
Fri May 20 10:55:12 EDT 2005

Sorry for the off topic post, but not sure where else to ask this.

I am running the McAfee AV scanner and I noticed that the engine changed
quite a while ago from V4.3.20 to V4.4.00.

On the downloads area of the McAfee site there is no mention of how to
get the new engine (although it is mentioned in the EOL document)

http://www.mcafeesecurity.com/us/downloads/updates/default.asp

Can anyone point me to a place I can get this engine update please.

[root at ns1 root]# uvscan --version
Virus Scan for Linux v4.14.0
Copyright (c) 1992-2001 Networks Associates Technology Inc. All rights
reserved.
(408) 988-3832  LICENSED COPY - Jan 18 2001

Scan engine v4.3.20 for Linux.
Virus data file v4495 created May 19 2005
Scanning for 127306 viruses, trojans and variants.

Thanks

Jon.